Friday, March 30, 2012

Multi value parameters

Hi All

I'm trying to initialize (checkmark) only the first selection of a Multi Value list, (built from an SQL), I can initialize all or nothing.

I tried to use (0) next to the value field name in the default value, but that causes an error (Field is not valid because of the(0)).

Thank you

Trentino

Please try function =First()|||

Hi Lev

sorry for the slow response, I did try to use function First(), I get this error

"Aggregate function cannot be used in report parameter expression"

Thanks

Trentino

|||

I was wrong, this does not work.

There is a way however to do it with help of another parameter

Create internal single-value parameter, say Parameter1, and set default value "from query". Value of this parameter will be taken from 1st record of the data set

Then create multi-value parameter, set default value "non queried" and value expression =Parameters!Parameter1.Value

|||

Thank you, I did not try it yet.

I hardcoded the value of the first record for testing purpose and it did work, so I'm sure that once the new parameter is filled with the correct value it will work.

Thank you again.

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment