Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Multi Select type-in Parameter

Hi All

Can anyone tell me whether or not it is
possible to multi select when you have a parameter
that is set as non-querried in order for it to be
typed instead of selected.

My users prefer typing the values and selecting
more than one. But at the moment I cant give them both..

I'm using SSRS with SSAS cube all in BI all 2005

Please help. I suspect that if it's possible it may just be a
syntax thing but I am yet to find it.

Thanks in advance

Gerhard Davids

Bump|||Hi Pyro,

I'm sad to say that I too tried more then once to do that but from soom reason I coud'nt.

The only way I manage was useing a query for the multi value parameter.

I don't want to say that its impasisble 'coz maybe some one will have an answer but its definitely not that easy.|||

Thanks Roy

I appreciate you letting me know. I'll post a solution here as
soon as I can find one.

Gerhard

|||Hi pyro.

I've just encounter this problem again :(

Is there any chance that you found a solution?

Thanks.|||

Hey Roy

No solution yet :S

But I have been thinking of one and the following is what i've come up with:

Create a Parameter that is non-queried so that it is type-able.
then create some form of custom code to split user input by 'comma' or
some form of seperation maby '; '. The next step would be to filter the table/matrix accordingley.
Using something like: =Fields!Company = Code.split(Paramters!typeMe.value)
{The code would then have a counter that builds up i guess}

I have yet to test this and the report may become slugish on
large queries, but this is pure creative thinking at the moment.

I most probabley find time to test this in the near future as complaints
are mounting ;P

G

No comments:

Post a Comment