Monday, March 26, 2012

multi lingual where clause

I have a table with nvarchar column. In query analyzer when I run query with foreign language words that are already there in database it dose not return any rows

To test it I returned rows with Select * table. Then from result window I copy chinese characters and put it in SQL where clause in SQL analyzer .When I run query it dose not return results.

What could be the cause..its SQL 2k

found it add N infront of characters|||

As kyus94 indicated, to use UNICODE characters, including Chinese, you must preface the string with the character [ N ].

For example,

SELECT

Column1,

Column2,

etc

FROM MyTable

WHERE Column3 = N'ThisCouldBeChinese'

(Note the character No immediately before (no space) the string.)

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment