Friday, March 30, 2012

Multi Value Parameter and Filtering

Hi All
I am trying to filter a table on my report based on a multi-value parameter,
I have tried several methods to no avail. When I use the following I do not
get an error but I do not get data showing on the report.
Expression is set to =Fields!Account.Value
Operator is set to In
Value is set to =join(Parameters!Select_Individual_Account.Value, ",")
Can anyone help this newbie style question
RegardsI think you should be able to leave out the Join function.
Set the value as: =Parameters!Select_Individual_Account.Value
I do that in one of my reports and it works fine. Just make sure there is
not a (0) at the end of the paramerter.
"Are friends electric?" wrote:
> Hi All
> I am trying to filter a table on my report based on a multi-value parameter,
> I have tried several methods to no avail. When I use the following I do not
> get an error but I do not get data showing on the report.
> Expression is set to =Fields!Account.Value
> Operator is set to In
> Value is set to =join(Parameters!Select_Individual_Account.Value, ",")
> Can anyone help this newbie style question
> Regards
>
>|||Thanks for helping Matt
I now get the following error
The filter expression for the table cannot be performed,
cannot compare data of type system.string and system.object
any ideas
Thanks
Steve
"Matt M" wrote:
> I think you should be able to leave out the Join function.
> Set the value as: =Parameters!Select_Individual_Account.Value
> I do that in one of my reports and it works fine. Just make sure there is
> not a (0) at the end of the paramerter.
> "Are friends electric?" wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > I am trying to filter a table on my report based on a multi-value parameter,
> >
> > I have tried several methods to no avail. When I use the following I do not
> > get an error but I do not get data showing on the report.
> >
> > Expression is set to =Fields!Account.Value
> > Operator is set to In
> > Value is set to =join(Parameters!Select_Individual_Account.Value, ",")
> >
> > Can anyone help this newbie style question
> >
> > Regards
> >
> >
> >
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment