Friday, March 30, 2012

multi table or one big table?

I want to add my site a Hebrew English dictionary, I have a MS Access table with 55,000 words which I want to use.

I wondered if I should divide the table to little ones? (Lets say, to put each letter (a, b, c...) in different table. to check what the first word the user clicked and to get the data from this table. I just thought that 50,000 words is too much for each search, but I wonder if the code that I'll need to make the right table name will take longer?

Does 55000 rows is a big table? Should I worry about it or not?

Thanks...don't worry about it. 55000 rows isn't going to be too big of an issue. Just index the table based on any field you do a where clause on, and you'll be in good shape.|||Would you be interested in sharing your database of Hebrew words?

No comments:

Post a Comment