Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Multi Processors

Hello, my client has a SQL Server with 4 processors. We don't posess such a
beast in our office and I wonder if there's anything I need to do to take
advantage of this extra processing power available to my client, or will SQL
Server take care of this for me?
Thanks, Kevin.Thanks Steve, that's what I thought. It is SQL Server 2000.
Kevin.
"steve" <steve@.mail.net> wrote in message
news:065901c360cd$84347b60$a001280a@.phx.gbl...
> Kevin, if you're using SQL 2000 - then SQL Server will
> take care of this automatically...
>
> >--Original Message--
> >Hello, my client has a SQL Server with 4 processors. We
> don't posess such a
> >beast in our office and I wonder if there's anything I
> need to do to take
> >advantage of this extra processing power available to my
> client, or will SQL
> >Server take care of this for me?
> >
> >Thanks, Kevin.
> >
> >
> >.
> >|||4 processors works perfectly find with Standard Edition.
--
Hal Berenson, SQL Server MVP
True Mountain Group LLC
"Andrew J. Kelly" <sqlmvpnooospam@.shadhawk.com> wrote in message
news:uxkQG6MYDHA.1644@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> As long as they are running Enterprise Edition of SQL Server and at least
> Adv Server for the OS you needn't do anything else. SQL Server will
utilize
> the processors all on it's own.
> --
> Andrew J. Kelly
> SQL Server MVP
>
> "Kevin Munro" <kevin_remove8839421@.c3amulet.com> wrote in message
> news:3f38d780$0$46013$65c69314@.mercury.nildram.net...
> > Hello, my client has a SQL Server with 4 processors. We don't posess
such
> a
> > beast in our office and I wonder if there's anything I need to do to
take
> > advantage of this extra processing power available to my client, or will
> SQL
> > Server take care of this for me?
> >
> > Thanks, Kevin.
> >
> >
>

No comments:

Post a Comment