Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Multi Select Parameter in RS2005

I'm using the possibility to define some parameters of my reports having the
property multi-select. On all my reports I always give information on the
first page on the parameters used to generate the output. For parameters that
do not have the property multi-select this works by using expressions
= Parameters!id_status.Value and = Parameters!id_status.Label
where id_status is a parameter
For a multi-select parameter I want to do the same; how ?I guess the new release of RS 2005 does support multi value select. I was
reading FAQ section on Microsoft site, that it is possible to pass multi
value parameters into the report. The way it is implemented is like this.
In a dropdown which lists the values, check all the values and then view the
report. RS constructs the SQL behind the scene.
Hope this helps..
Suresh
"RDC" wrote:
> I'm using the possibility to define some parameters of my reports having the
> property multi-select. On all my reports I always give information on the
> first page on the parameters used to generate the output. For parameters that
> do not have the property multi-select this works by using expressions
> = Parameters!id_status.Value and = Parameters!id_status.Label
> where id_status is a parameter
> For a multi-select parameter I want to do the same; how ?|||I known it works; I want to display the selected values in my report by using
something like
= Parameters!parameter_name.Value and = Parameters!parameter.Label
"Suresh" wrote:
> I guess the new release of RS 2005 does support multi value select. I was
> reading FAQ section on Microsoft site, that it is possible to pass multi
> value parameters into the report. The way it is implemented is like this.
> In a dropdown which lists the values, check all the values and then view the
> report. RS constructs the SQL behind the scene.
> Hope this helps..
> Suresh
> "RDC" wrote:
> > I'm using the possibility to define some parameters of my reports having the
> > property multi-select. On all my reports I always give information on the
> > first page on the parameters used to generate the output. For parameters that
> > do not have the property multi-select this works by using expressions
> > = Parameters!id_status.Value and = Parameters!id_status.Label
> > where id_status is a parameter
> > For a multi-select parameter I want to do the same; how ?|||If you change a report parameter to be multi value, the .Value property will
return an object[] rather than an object. Hence you can no longer e.g. write
expressions like =Parameters!MVP1.Value.ToString().
To access individual values of a multi value parameter you can use
expressions like this:
=Parameters!MVP1.IsMultiValue
boolean flag - tells if a parameter is defined as multi value
=Parameters!MVP1.Count
returns the number of values in the array
=Parameters!MVP1.Value(0)
returns the first selected value
=Join(Parameters!MVP1.Value)
creates a space separated list of values
=Join(Parameters!MVP1.Value, ", ")
creates a comma separated list of values
=Split("a b c", " ")
to create a multi value object array from a string (this can be used
e.g. for drillthrough parameters, subreports, or query parameters)
See also MSDN:
* http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vblr7/html/vafctjoin.asp
* http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vbenlr98/html/vafctsplit.asp
-- Robert
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"RDC" <RDC@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4CBB1232-BEC3-4D0F-BC55-F1FD732F3AB8@.microsoft.com...
>I known it works; I want to display the selected values in my report by
>using
> something like
> = Parameters!parameter_name.Value and = Parameters!parameter.Label
> "Suresh" wrote:
>> I guess the new release of RS 2005 does support multi value select. I was
>> reading FAQ section on Microsoft site, that it is possible to pass multi
>> value parameters into the report. The way it is implemented is like this.
>> In a dropdown which lists the values, check all the values and then view
>> the
>> report. RS constructs the SQL behind the scene.
>> Hope this helps..
>> Suresh
>> "RDC" wrote:
>> > I'm using the possibility to define some parameters of my reports
>> > having the
>> > property multi-select. On all my reports I always give information on
>> > the
>> > first page on the parameters used to generate the output. For
>> > parameters that
>> > do not have the property multi-select this works by using expressions
>> > = Parameters!id_status.Value and = Parameters!id_status.Label
>> > where id_status is a parameter
>> > For a multi-select parameter I want to do the same; how ?

No comments:

Post a Comment