Friday, March 30, 2012

Multi Value Dependent report parameters help

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=343618&SiteID=17

In continuition with above thread i would to like to ask another question.

Can we make Multivalue parameters to play for cascading parameters. I am trying with different combinations of using query parameters and Report parameters.

Can any body help me?

Regards

Raj Deep.A

Hi,

I've not tried it myself, but I think it should work.

In the second (dependent) parameter, you should use the IN in the WHERE clause like:

WHERE Region IN (@.Country)

Could you give a try?

Jordi Rambla
MVP SQL Server (Reporting Services)
Certia - rambla informàtica (http://www.certia.net)
Solid Quality Learning (http://www.solidqualitylearning.com)

|||I've done this and using the in clause does work.|||

Hello heather,

I will be really glad if you can send the RDL to me. actually i was for the first parameter its working ,for the second parameter the query runs and the result values were dropped down.I can't see even check boxes and i am unable to select the appropriate value(No action) and remains senseless just like label on canvas.

If in that example ,if it was working, i am really glad and you are great

pls send it to ralapati@.smart-bridge.co.in

Thank you,

Raj Deep.A

|||

Pls reply ,how did we do that?I am waiting for your valuable reply

Thank you,

Raj Deep.A

|||

I worked on this for some time around.

It's working fine now

Thank you,

Raj Deep.A

No comments:

Post a Comment